Camp Imagine is a two-night camp for children ages 8 to 11, youth camp counsellors and adult leaders. Children and their leaders travel from the lower mainland, Victoria, Nanaimo and the Okanagan area for a weekend filled with fun, community and faith exploration. It takes place in the Columbia Valley beginning on a Friday afternoon to Sunday lunch in February of each year.
This event is on the calendar of many families and has now completed an 13th year. Imagine is led by children and youth ministry leaders within the United Church of Canada and is supported by Pacific Mountain Region and local congregations.
- To provide a non-judgmental, open place where children may have opportunities to wonder about and explore their faith through story, worship, music, drama and other creative ways that deepen our relationship with God.
- To bring together a multi-age and inter-cultural community from across congregations of the United Church of Canada in BC
- To provide a welcoming and safe environment for children to play, eat, and connect with each other and their leaders and have fun! For many of the children, this is their first experience of a “sleepover camp” and it has been encouraging start for their camping experiences!
- To offer intentional opportunities for youth to grow in their leadership skills and abilities and empower them to make a difference in a child’s life.
- To support, inspire and energize adult leaders in their role in children’s ministry